|Broadcom’s Leading Networking, Compute and Storage Technologies Support a Broad Set of OCP Initiatives|
Deep Collaboration with Industry Leaders Accelerates Innovation in Cloud Data Centers
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 14, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO) today announced its commitment to open computing at the 2019 Open Compute Project (OCP) Global Summit being held March 14 – 15 at the San Jose Convention Center. A long-time supporter of open, standards-based technology, Broadcom is committed to developing high performance, scalable solutions optimized for today’s hyperscale data centers. Broadcom is a leading provider of OCP-compliant solutions, either directly through design project contributions or indirectly, via ODM and OEM integrations; in fact, roughly seven out of ten OCP networking hardware and storage contributions incorporate Broadcom technologies.
Broadcom’s technologies are specifically designed to deliver maximum performance and bandwidth while providing energy and cost efficiencies and Broadcom switches, network adapters and storage connectivity solutions are featured in a broad range of OCP architectures and designs. Notable OCP projects involving Broadcom’s technologies include:
- A collaborative project with Facebook to build a community for hardware-accelerated infrastructure in areas such as video delivery
- A collaboration with Microsoft to enable the OCP community with RTL models for data compression acceleration
- Facebook’s 128x100 GbE Minipack platform built on Broadcom’s Tomahawk® 3 Ethernet Switch
- A collaborative industry project for developing the third generation OCP NIC standard (OCP NIC 3.0) to enhance server networking I/O bandwidth with expanded provisions for thermal footprints.
“Broadcom is proud to be a leader in this vibrant OCP community through the delivery of industry-first networking, storage and compute solutions that support high-performance cloud data centers,” said Charlie Kawwas, Ph.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer at Broadcom. “As IT technology continues to evolve toward a cloud-based, application-driven ecosystem, the introduction of new innovations, such as the industry’s first 12.8Tbps switch, OCP NIC 3.0 and end-to-end PCIe Gen 4 solutions, will benefit the cloud ecosystem and, ultimately, end users.”
Broadcom will be showcasing its innovations and participating in multiple technical panel sessions and partner booth demonstrations at the OCP Global Summit, specifically:
- A live end-to-end network connectivity demo featuring Broadcom’s new Thor OCP NIC 3.0 adapter with the Tomahawk top-of-rack switch in the OCP Community Demo area
- A disaggregated chassis SONiC network supporting multiple features such as IPv4/IPv6 routing and VXLAN using individual Jericho2 and Tomahawk 3 platforms connected in a CLOS topology in the Microsoft booth (#A6)
- A new telemetry SAI TAM 2.0 over SONiC and QCT’s Trident 3 platform to showcase next generation, advanced analytic services using Inband flow analyzer (IFA) in the Microsoft booth (#A6)
- In collaboration with Seagate and other ODM partners, Broadcom’s SAS35 series Expanders and 9400 Tri-mode Storage HBAs will be shown in a performance demonstration of Seagate’s MACH.2™ dual actuator drives in Microsoft’s newly-released S2010 storage system in the ZT Systems booth (#A17)
- An OCP platform demonstration in the Wiwynn booth (#A12) featuring the SV7000, ST7000, SV500, and SV7400, XC200 and HGX2 systems, powered by Broadcom storage and PCIe Gen 3/4 switch technology
- A JBOF platform demonstration in the Mitac booth (#D2) featuring the Mitac FR2223, powered by Broadcom’s PCIe Gen 4 Switch technology
- Eli Karpilovski, Director of Product Marketing, will be speaking on the topic of “Advanced Network Telemetry and Analytics Over SONiC,” on Friday, March 15 at 9 a.m. PT
- Hemal Shah, Distinguished Engineer and Architect, will be speaking at the following sessions on Friday, March 15:
- “OCP Profiles for Hardware Management” at 8 a.m. PT
- “OCP NIC Thermal Test Standardization and Demo (Server WG)” at 1:30 p.m. PT
- “PCMI Standards for Hardware Management” at 2:30 p.m. PT
- Long Nguyen, Master Hardware Engineer, and Hemal Shah will be speaking in a session called, “OCP NIC 3.0 Design and Implementation Experiences” on Friday, March 15 at 9 a.m. PT
Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO) is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. Broadcom’s category-leading product portfolio serves critical markets including data center, networking, enterprise software, broadband, wireless, storage and industrial. Our solutions include data center networking and storage, enterprise and mainframe software focused on automation, monitoring and security, smartphone components, telecoms and factory automation. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom, the pulse logo, Connecting everything, and Tomahawk are among the trademarks of Broadcom. The term "Broadcom" refers to Broadcom Inc., and/or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Telephone: +1 408-433-7848